Rendezvous’ Lockdown Cocktail – Bring some Rendezvous romance to your weekend
Here at Rendezvous, we know that time is becoming an increasingly rare commodity, so when you stay with us, we want to create ‘Stolen Moments’ for you and your loved one, helping you reconnect, relax and reflect in the beautiful environment of Saint Lucia.
We know that during this very unusual time, spending quality time together as a couple can be even more difficult, as you balance work, childcare and homelife, all of which are taking place within the confines of one space.
To help you create a stolen moment at home and bring an element of Rendezvous romance to lockdown life, we have created a fantastic new Lockdown Cocktail. Perfect for taking a moment together or as the start of a date night at home, this cocktail is quick and simple to make. So why not treat your loved one to a delicious taste of St Lucia and dedicate an evening to really enjoy spending time together, while unwinding and reconnecting?
Providing a St Lucian twist on a classic French cocktail, the Lockdown Cocktail will be served at Rendezvous as soon as we reopen, and we cannot wait to hear all about how you’ve recreated this delicious drink at home.
Rendezvous’ Nisa Jn Baptiste shares her recipe for Rendezvous’ Lockdown Cocktail:
- 2 oz dark rum
- 2 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 oz simple sugar syrup
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Pour the rum into the cocktail shaker, followed by the lime juice and simple sugar syrup.
- Tear the two bay leaves in half and add to the shaker.
- Add two scoops of ice to the shaker, before adding its top and shaking well for approximately 20 seconds, ensuring all flavours are combined.
- Empty your cocktail glass of ice and water before refilling with fresh ice.
- Pour the cocktail through a strainer into your glass and enjoy.
- To make a simple sugar syrup, simply add 150g of sugar (preferably caster sugar) to a pan of 75ml of water on a low heat. Stir the mixture until all of the sugar has dissolved and allow to cool before transferring into a bottle for future use.
Watch here as Nisa talks you through how to make this delicious Lockdown Cocktail.
Please always drink responsibly.